Case Study : BLOCK CHAIN SOLUTIONS HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Tracking of Patient History is a challenge for Health Industry.
- The records are not in centralized due to which the Doctors and Hospitals have to spend lot of time in understanding the history records of the Patients to provide the medication
- Inaccurate data posts challenge to diagnose as well as consumes lot of time
- Patients move from Doctors and Hospitals over a period of time, but the records does not move.
- Patients records must reside with the Patients and not with Hospitals.
- Patients must possess their records and retrieve any point of time.
- A classic example could be that a patient is travelling and needs to go to a hospital in another Country.
- In such case, it is the patient who should access all the data from Cloud and show the history to the treating Doctor or hospital
Complex transactions involved in hospital management and record maintenance incurs costs for all the parties including Patients
Lot of time is being lost in ensuring all documents are correct and to understand the history of the patients
Provide data/document quickly to the stakeholders including Doctors and Patients
Complex supply chain producers, shippers, suppliers and customers with end to end tracking
Cross border transactions requiring intermediary and additional Costs
Patients must posses the ownership of their history and not the Hospitals or Doctors
- Store patients history in encrypted way and retrieve anytime anywhere
- Facilitate Compliance and Audits
- Increase process integrity and increase efficiency with a common database
- Reduce time and costs to understand patients’ history
- Trace transactions end to end
- Extend new peers at any point of time like new hospitals or pharmacies
ADVANTAGES OF BLOCKCHAIN
- Move all Paper work to digital transaction
- Record patients history information including scans, xrays and other medical records
- Make Patient the owner of Data
Trace and Track
- Cloud based Blockchain tracking speeds up the process
- Trace the Source or Origin of the records
- Top down or bottom up approach at any point of time
- Access data from anywhere in the world
- Patient provides the Private key to engaging doctors / hospitals
- Patients cannot tamper any data
- Visibility at each stage of transactions
- Referenced for future treatments and diagnosis
- Online payments